Lauber Financial Planning July 2010-present. In 2010 I realized that there was a need for financial advice for everyone; not just for those people with money to invest. Financial planning involves all aspects of money, not just investments. I designed my business around that basic tenet: professional, objective advice.
Prior to starting Lauber Financial Planning, I served as the Director of Financial Planning at Harold C. Brown & Co., LLC, as a Wealth Management Consultant for HSBC Bank USA, and as an account Executive for The Copeland Companies. I have also taught the CFP® Capstone Case Analysis Course at Bryant & Stratton College and the Ethics Program for the CFP Continuing Education Requirement for the Financial Planning Association.
Living Inspired and Financially Empowered: Aligning Our Spiritual and Material Lives published May 2012, Peace & Abundance: A Workbook was published December 2015, my blog “LIFE: Live Inspired, Financially Empowered,” and several articles for the Financial Planning Association’s consumer website.
I received my BS in Consumer & Family Affairs from the State University of New York College at Buffalo in 1989 and earned my CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM designation in 2000.
NAWBO’s Women In Leadership Award November 2014, Business First’s 40 Under 40 2007, HSBC Bank USA’s Top Financial Planner 1999 & 2000, The Copeland Companies’ Leadership Conference 1997.
I was also a TEDx Buffalo Women presenter December 2012 The Space Between Our Left & Right Brains Where Financial Decisions Are Made (Or, Not Made).
Organizations & Community Service
- Financial Planning Association (member, past president of the WNY chapter, member of the national media relations team)
- Junior Achievement class instructor
- Former Chair of the Presbyterian Senior Care Foundation
- WNY Planned Giving Consortium member, sponsor and past vice president
- Volunteer for the Niagara Frontier Radio Reading Service and the OLV Service Club
- In 2013, I served as a financial planning delegate to India in the FPA/People to People Ambassador program